Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giving Thanks

I am up early this morning and a bit depressed.  I am not at the Thanksgiving Day parade.  Too cold.  I am a fair weather parader.  But it is always a little depressing when I am not there.  I have phenomenal memories of my childhood and when my children were younger and we would stand on Central Park West with donuts and hot apple cider. But I digress, here is what I am thankful for this year....

I am thankful for myself.  That is correct, just as I have learned to love myself I have also learned to be thankful for the gifts I have that make me, we'll, me.  I am a great mom, an unending supply of love, spunk, ambition, chutzpah, and just the right amount of crazy to make me interesting. I am fearless, fun, and can laugh at myself.  I know my strengths, am very clear on my weaknesses and know my limits. I am abundantly happy in all areas of my life, even those that are not perfect.  

I am thankful for the amazing people around me.  There is a group, a force of support and goodness around me that has held my hand, my heart, and provides unconditional support to me every single day.  They have become my brothers and sisters and my children consider them our close knit family.  I also have support from a few others - some near, others far.  They are confidants and friends who add fullness to My world. A new person has entered my life, a matched crazy to me, slow and steady is our theme and I am thrilled to have him in my life. 

I am thankful for my past and all of my experiences that have brought me to this point.  I have strength, wisdom and an unwavering belief that my world is mine to create.  Each step, some scary, some full of pain, and many filled with joy have taught me lessons and created this amazing life.  

I am thankful for the coming year.  For all of us it is filled with unending opportunity and possibility.  Go and grab your own brass ring people. Don't stand still, get moving. Make the decision to build your happiness, live drama free, and just be the most amazing version of yourself. 

I year ago my life looked very different.  I was in a space full of uncertainty, fear, lack, and had little understanding of my place in the world.  I was controlled by a force I thought was somehow bigger and greater than mine.  What a phenomenal year it has been shedding that former self and charting my own path with support, care, and consideration for others,  

Off to cook my children breakfast, a few hors d'ouvres, and then to have dinner at my sister's house.  She isn't my actual sister, but I can't imagine being closer.  







No comments:

Post a Comment