Your predecessor, 2013 was a roller coaster ride of epic proportions and I really did enjoy each peak and even the valleys. I learned my lessons, took my licks, moved forward and accomplished a ton. I built a stronger me, an unending circle of support, and had a wild time. Princess started to build her empire and is writing her own fairy tale. All good.
2013 was about establishing a different set of habits for myself and my new way of operating and 2014, I will need your help in maintaining these new behaviors and ways of thinking. Just so we are clear right from the start I will be following these guidelines with strict adherence. Please take note and follow along.
- Only awesome people are allowed in my life: The awesome live without judgement, operate with unconditional love and an abundance of support. They make me a better person and allow me to return the favor. 2013 did a great job bringing some awesome people into my life, friends who are now my family and a special someone with matched integrity, energy and crazy to me. 2013 also did a great job of showing me the people I don't want in my life. Let's keep up that great work.
- I will be a parent to my children before I am their friend. It is my job to make them responsible and productive citizens not to be their buddy.
- I will not allow drama, games, and hidden agendas to get anywhere near my life.
- If it doesn't bring me peace and joy, it isn't allowed in. I don't care what the "it" may be - person, place or thing.
- I will keep my power. This does not mean I always have to get my way and I will still continually do amazing things for others. But I will not be a doormat allowing others to run all over me. Those in my life and favor must appreciate me and I promise to do the same.
- It is not my job to please other people. I will continue to go out of my way for other people but it isn't my job to make them happy.
- Tell fear to take a hike. While I constantly joke that I am not scared of anything, honestly, there was a ton of fear for me in 2013. Every part of my life was either called into question or turned upside down. I had an unwavering belief that I would would survive but did allow the fear to creep in. Never again.
- I will start to accept the apologies I know I will never receive.
- I will absolutely meditate, do 150 squats and 500 crunches every day. I am planning to sail into 2015 completely at peace with a rock solid tush, thighs, and abs.
- I'm not settling in any part of my life. This includes the behaviors and qualities of others I allow in. If they aren't worthy they are not getting close. I'm sure you are noticing a theme and some redundancy, that is intentional.
I understand you may test me, possibly at ever turn. I am up for it with a commitment to move forward with the above. I am not looking for an easy ride, I am looking for an abundance of peace, happiness and success as I define it. Still plan to work my little fingers to the bones and grab the brass ring on the carousel.
So 2014, let's make an agreement to get along. Chart a good course, work hard, be amazing. What I went through in 2013 was necessary. Life was stripped to the bone and I rebuilt awesomeness. Everything was called into question and persevered. All good - now let's go.